Having a baby in the NICU is hard. It really helps to talk to someone who has been in the same situation. Even if I can make the difference in one parent's life, it's worth it. I am so happy to be doing this.
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Volunteering
It's official! I am now a volunteer at Intermountain Medical Center. I am so excited!
I am going to be volunteering for the NICU. Right now I am doing the antepartum lunches twice a month. This is a get together lunch for the women who are pregnant and on hospital bed rest, like I was. I am also taking photos of the sweet babies in the unit for the cd's that the parents take home.
Having a baby in the NICU is hard. It really helps to talk to someone who has been in the same situation. Even if I can make the difference in one parent's life, it's worth it. I am so happy to be doing this.
Having a baby in the NICU is hard. It really helps to talk to someone who has been in the same situation. Even if I can make the difference in one parent's life, it's worth it. I am so happy to be doing this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Way to go, Shamie! That's awesome--what a way to 'give back'
So awesome! You will do great at it. It is amazing what a difference you can make!!
Post a Comment