Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Crazy Hair, Disney on Ice and Poor Ron

We have had a really busy couple of weeks. Here are a few highlights.
Lucas and I stayed up at my sister Stacie's house for 3 days while she and her husband, Mike, were in St. George on business. I was quite busy. I was the official chauffeur. I took Angelina to school, orchestra, softball and volleyball. We did have a little time out to play Rock Band and go to Cafe Rio. Kelby was also there but, it didn't seem like it. He had school and then work each night. The last day that I was there, it was crazy hair day at Angelina's school. This is what kind of hair you get with back combing, crimping, braiding, color spray and a LOT of Aqua Net hairspray!
We took Lucas to Disney on Ice Mickey and Minnie's Magic Journey. It was the first of this type of performance that he has ever been to. He had a ball. He absolutely LOVES Mickey! He was so excited when they came out on the ice. He was clapping and cheering. It was so cute. As you can see, he also really enjoyed the napkin that we got from the snack bar. Trust my child to love something so silly. I must say that it probably would have been good if it was over at intermission. He is still a little young for such a long show. He did start to get restless and talk to all the people around us.

Last week Ron had ear surgery. He had a hole in his eardrum and a cholesteatoma growing inside. They went in to get it all fixed up. The doctor, Robert Hunter, said that all looked good and it was a successful surgery. He does have to go back in December to have a follow up surgery to make sure the cholesteatoma is gone and not growing back. The doctor said that CT scans are not always accurate on detecting them, so it is just better to make sure that it is all gone. Ron has done really well and has bounced back quite nicely. He won't be able to hear for 3-4 weeks out of that ear. If anyone ever needs a good ear doctor, we love him. He is located at IMC.

That about wraps it up.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Ha ha! Her hair looks awesome! Fun picture! Thanks for taking such good care of my kids for me! I guess I haven't been on here for a while because the last thing I had read was about the Super Bowl.

Tamara said...

You gotta love Aqua Net!! Sounds like you had fun! It's nice to take a peek into your life every once and a while....thanks for sharing!