Thursday, June 4, 2009

Summer Reading Kickoff

This past Monday was the Salt Lake County Library Summer Reading Kickoff Party at Wheeler Farm. Most of you know that my mom works for the SL County library in the marketing department. They are pretty much in charge of putting the whole thing together. Last year I went and ended up helping out a little bit with the balloons. I told my mom that it drove me crazy because it was very disorganized. I promised her that I would help this year and try to make more of a system.

It started out with Lucas and I going over at 2:30. Chipotle was nice enough to provide lunch for all of the volunteers and boy was it yummy. After lunch I was able to snap a few pictures of Lucas while waiting for them to set up my booth. Ron then came to pick up Lucas to take him home for a nap. I worked non stop until 7:30, when it got over. We figured that over 600 balloons were blown up. I am sure that I blew up at least 200 of them. The others that I worked with were not as fast as myself. (It comes from all my experience from working at Hallmark for 11 years.) My fingers were SO sore from tying them. I still have bruises. :)
This event is very fun. I think everyone that has kids should bring them next year. It is normally the first week in June. I also came up with some more ideas to make the balloon booth even more smooth next year. I can't wait to try it out.

No comments: