We got off I-15 at Cedar City and headed up to Cedar Breaks. It was a first for us all. It was freezing and raining. As you can tell, with Lucas wrapped in the blanket, we were not prepared for such cold conditions. We were not disappointed though. All I can say is, WOW! You need to see it to appreicate the beauty.
We headed toward Panguitch and up U.S. Route 89. We made a stop at Big Rock Candy Mountain near Marysvale. Ron and I had both previously been there and agree that it looks different, but it was still fun. We took some cute pictures and bought some yummy rock candy. This sign there made us laugh, so we had to get a picture of it with Lucas.
We were also able to stop by the Manti Temple. I had never been there before, so I was glad to be able to see it. They were preparing for the Mormon Miracle Pageant. I have never seen so many folding chairs in my life. One of the workers told us that there were 13,000! He actually gave us the tip about going to see the dress rehersal which was that night and the next, then the pageant was starting on Thursday. He said that it is much less busy. Maybe we will have to try that next year. We went to Los Amigos Mexican Restaurant in Ephraim to eat dinner. It was quite tasty. We also stopped by the Erekson's farm in Fairview. What an amazing place! It is definitely not the typical farm that you would think of. This road trip home was for sure worth the extra hours of driving!
Overall, I had the most amazing vacation. Sometimes the best kind are the ones that you can just relax and enjoy your family.

1 comment:
Sounds like you guys had a great time. Utah is such a fun place to explore!
Post a Comment