I chose the Master Cleanse. Above are the ingredients that you use. Each morning you wake up and enjoy a yummy (yeah right) salt water drink. It is composed of 32 ounces of warm water and 2 teaspoons of sea salt. This is to help the system get going and clean you out. I had to force it down each time. It was not tasty.Throughout the day you are supposed to drink 6-12 glasses of the lemonade. I got by each day with only 6 glasses. That was all I could really take. The lemonade consists of 10 ounces spring water, 2 tablespoons of pure grade B maple syrup, 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice and 1/10 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
Here is how my journey went...
Day 1: The lemonade is not good. First of all, I am not a huge fan of maple syrup. Luckily, pure maple syrup doesn't taste like syrup you put on waffles, so it was a bit easier to take. The cayenne pepper was disgusting. Let me remind you that I love spicy foods, but this was different. It would just sit in your throat and burn.
Day 2: I am seriously thinking that there is no way that I can go 10 days drinking this yucky cayenne pepper. Thank goodness for my cousin that reminded me that I can take the pepper pills. I have gone 1/2 day, but go directly to the health food store to buy the capsules. This is a lifesaver! Thanks, Lindsey!
Day 4: I struggle a little this day. Hunger is a bit of an issue that night. I just have to remind myself that I can do this.
Day 5: 1/2 way...Yahoo! I can do it!
Day 7: This was my hardest day. I struggled with hunger quite a bit this day and really wanted to quit. I also felt crappy and had no energy. I knew that weekends would be hard, but today was a majorly rough day! I had to give myself a big pep talk and realized that if I made it this far, I can do it 3 more days.
Day 10: Today is the last day. Thank goodness! I am so glad that I am almost done. The end is here. Yipee!
Day After: I am SO proud of myself and glad that I did this! Orange juice has never tasted so good in my life.
Surprisingly I was not as hungry as I thought that I would be. The lemonade really does help with the hunger pains. The only yucky side effect was that I had a film in my mouth that didn't go away with brushing. It is gone now.
Overall, I am very glad that I did this. I am not going to say that it was easy, because it wasn't, especially dang day 7! I lost 15.6 pounds. That is a wonderful jump start for me. I felt really good after. The whole time that I was on it, I didn't have any acne or foot pain. That was great. I have been saying over and over that I will never do it again, but maybe down the road, who knows.

1 comment:
WAY TO GO!!! I am amazed that ANYONE could do something like this...I don't have the willpower. Good job!
Post a Comment