On Thursday my Mom and I took the girls to dinner at Fashion Place Mall. We met up with my old boss from Hallmark, Martha. I worked at Hallmark from 1992-2003. Most of it was part time, but I was an employee there the whole time. I enjoyed my time working there. I quit soon after Ron and I got married, so I could enjoy being married and having just one job.
Martha retired and sold her store a few years ago. Since then she has moved to Texas, which is where she is from. Her kids still live here, so she comes back quite often.

She called me a few days prior and asked if I wanted to meet her and some other old employees at the mall for pizza. Since my mom also worked there for a little while, it was fitting that she came too. Martha bought us all pizza and we sat and talked for a while. It was so nice to see her again. When someone is your boss, you don't always love them, but I really do have a special place in my heart for Martha.
We were able to get this picture. Emrie was loving Martha. It might have been her fun accent. What a fun evening. I can't wait until next time.
1 comment:
I feel a little bummed that I wasn't invited to this :(
Post a Comment