Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentines Day Fun

Our Valentines Day fun started out on Monday, making Valentines for Lucas' preschool class and teacher.
I wanted his Valentines to be super cute. I found these kites at the store and my friend helped me make up the second half of the saying. I wanted to put candy with it, so I added the first. I thought that they turned out so fun. I found the teacher Valentine idea on Pinterest. I am addicted to Pinterest and was so happy to find such cute ideas.

Each of the kids got Lubies pets and chocolate lips from Mommy and Daddy.
During the day, we met some friends at Boondocks. I was so excited for the girls to play at the Kiddie Cove for the first time. Lucas has loved it since he was about 18 months. The girls weren't really fans, especially Eva. She doesn't like walking on things that she can see through. They had a lot of fun with their friends though. The kids got to eat kids meals from Burger King and I ate a yummy wrap from Boondocks restaurant.
That evening we ate heart shaped pizza from Papa Murphys. Yum! Then Grandma and Grandpa Jacobs delivered homemade sugar cookies the old school way. They put them on the doorstep, rang the doorbell and ran. The funny thing was that Lucas ran out into the yard looking for someone and Emrie could see Grandpa from the door. She started yelling, "Papa! Papa!" So funny!

I am so glad that I have kids to celebrate Valentines day with. Since I am pretty much the Valentines Grinch, it's nice to have fun with the kiddos. I just really think that love should be shown to a significant other all year and not just one day of the year.

No comments: