Wednesday, August 1, 2012

1st Bee Sting

We went on a playdate to Willow Pond Park with our friends, Shannon, Ellie and Colin.  The kids had so much fun eating lunch, playing on the playground and running through the fountains.
 It was pretty hot that day, so the kids were loving the water.
Lucas came walking back from the fountains saying, "Ouchie!  I think a cactus just bit me."  I told him that there are no cactus plants around here, but he probably got stung by a bee.  I looked at his foot and sure enough, he had a stinger hanging out.  Shannon had tweezers, so I was able to get the stinger out.  He was so brave.  He didn't even cry.  What a big boy! 

About a week later, Emrie got stung in my parents backyard.  Now we are just waiting for Eva to have her run in with a bee.  Hopefully that won't happen for a long, long time.

No comments: