Thursday, December 17, 2009

Fun Birthday Parties

Lucas had two wonderful birthday parties this year.
We first started off with a birthday party for his play group friends. Ellie, Camden, Riley and Ryker came over to celebrate. We were missing Garrett and Emmy. The kids had a lot of fun playing. We ate pizza, salad and breadsticks for lunch. Once everyone was full, Lucas had a blast opening his fun gifts. After presents, the kids decorated Mickey Mouse sugar cookies. I stole this idea from my friend. Thanks Christie.

The party was a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme and turned out to be a big success. Thanks so much to Heidi for helping me with the party. Since I was still on bed rest, I could have never done it without her. Heidi always helps make memories great too. "The pizza is cold." :)
I went against doctors orders during the day for Lucas's birthday. We took him to lunch at Chili's. It was so much fun and so nice to get out. My mom and dad came with us. Lucas really enjoyed his chips and salsa, corn dog, broccoli soup, Sprite and especially the brownie sundae for dessert.
Making birthday cakes for Lucas has been my tradition. I knew that I had to continue this year. Ron was so wonderful to take my list and buy all the stuff needed for the parties and cake making. Karlee came over and helped me with the frosting. Lucas is obsessed with Mickey right now, so I decided that he must have a Mickey cake. I just made it up in my head and then looked at a coloring book to freehand the face. I must say that I am very proud of myself. If you know me, you know that I am not any kind of artist.
The evening of his birthday we had a family party for him. Both sides of the family, the Treat's, the Lewis's and Heidi came. The taco dinner was very yummy. We then blew out candles and opened presents. Lucas had so much fun opening his gifts. He is now a pro. Playing with all the kids was also a highlight of the night.

Happy 3rd Birthday Buddy! We hope that your day was wonderful.

2 comments:

Jimmy,Christie,Hunter and Holden said...

Looks like he had a wonderful birthday. The cookies and the cake look awesome. Great job!!

Lindsey said...

You have definatley missed your calling in the professional cake decorating business!