Monday, April 5, 2010

A Few Firsts

The girls have had a few firsts recently. We are so excited that they are growing and reaching milestones. We can't wait for them to come home!
Both babies had their first swaddle baths last Thursday. At the hospital they use swaddle baths on preemies. This helps the babies stay warm and hopefully not hate the bath as much. They get wrapped in a fleece blanket and then submerged in water. Emrie loved her bath. She kept trying to suck the water out of her blanket. Eva on the other hand, was not a fan. She was fine at first, but when I took her limbs out to wash them, she was not a happy camper.
Also, both of the girls had their first bottles last week. The lactation specialist had decided that their breastfeeding was established enough for them to have bottles. I got to give Emrie her bottle last Wednesday. She was a champ. Ron gave Eva her first bottle last Saturday. She did well. They are both getting better and better at breast and bottle feeding. Yahoo! Way to go girls!

2 comments:

Court J said...

Oh my gosh! Your girls are so cute! I love the expression on Eva's face in the swaddle bath picture!

Stacie said...

I finally remembered to look at your blog at home and I LOVE the pictures of Lucas and the babies! The swaddle bath pictures are so stinkin' cute! Emrie's totally trying to eat the water and Eva looks like she just wants it to be over so she can go to sleep! I can't wait til they come home!! :)