Thursday, April 8, 2010

Our 1st Welcome Home

What a wonderful day yesterday was! We got to bring Emrie home. This was very bittersweet. As excited as I felt bringing home one of my babies, I was VERY sad to leave Eva behind. I had a couple of breakdowns when I thought about having to leave her at the hospital. I just have to realize that she is in good hands and being taken care of by the wonderful nurses at IMC.
Emrie saying goodbye, for now, to Eva.
Mommy and Emrie's first cord free snuggle!
Emrie was not a huge fan of the carseat when we first put her in. She did calm down quickly and went right to sleep.

Last night was interesting with having a newborn in our house again. It will take a while to get used to a routine, then it will all change when we have two at home. :)

7 comments:

Stephanie Peay said...

I was so excited to see this post. I had a feeling she wasn't going to be there anymore when I got to work. Congrats! You have the cuttest family and I am so excited to be able to keep in touch and watch them grow!!

Sheena said...

Yeah! How fun it must be to finally have at least 1 of those precious girls home! I LOVE the pic of you and Emrie! You both look gorgeous! I love the car seat pic too... she is so itty-bitty!

Unknown said...

That's awsome guys! Eva will be home befor you know it. Love ya, Paula

Randi said...

I am so glad that Emrie got to come home! I know how hard it must be waiting for Eva to be ready, but she'll get there!

Jimmy,Christie,Hunter and Holden said...

We are so happy for you and your family! Love the picture of you and little Emrie!

Jeenyus10 said...

Yay Emrie! It won't take long for Eva. Look how sweet and tiny she is in the carseat!!!

easleyfamily said...

So glad that you've got one home! Can't wait to hear about your 2nd welcome home :)