Sunday, June 17, 2012

Preschool Graduation

Lucas had his last day of preschool on May 24.  It was a very hard day for me.  I was so emotional.  I cried more that one time.  I cried really hard when I went to pick him up. I am just not ready to "lose" him to Kindergarten 5 days a week.  When we went to orientation, I cried when they took him away for the tour.  I am going to be one slobbery mess on his first day.
Lucas has gone to Miss Lori for 2 years and we love her.  Lucas talks about her all of the time.  For the last few months we have been telling him that he won't be going to Miss Lori's and he will go to Kindergarten.  He keeps asking why she can't be his teacher and saying how much he is going to miss her.  I am so grateful that I had such an amazing person that I could send Lucas to that I knew would teach and love him.  I am so happy that the girls are already on the list to attend preschool with her.
 
Since we think Miss Lori is so great, I wanted to get her a wonderful goodbye gift.  I had talked to a few teachers that I know and they said that gift cards were their favorite gift from a student.  So we made her a gift card flower pot.  There were gift cards to Beans and Brews, Roxberry, Subway, Barnes and Noble, Target and Sweet Tooth Fairy for $5 and Cafe Rio for $10.  When I posted this picture on my facebook page, people were commenting about how generous I was.  I think that it was the least I could have done for someone that was so wonderful to Lucas.  I actually felt like I should have done more.  Now on to the new chapter in Lucas's life, Elementary School. 

No comments: