Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Loving Our Independance

I love the 4th of July!  Such a fun holiday.
This year I wanted all of us to dress with a patriotic outfit.  The only thing I was able to talk Ron into wearing was a blue shirt.  I was happy to get at least that out of him.  :)  I thought that we turned out looking super cute.  My mom and I made the dresses for the girls.  I am so happy to have such an amazing mom that helps me with all of my sewing projects.  We are a good team.  I cut and iron.  She sews. 
We always start out the day by going to the Murray Parade.  I have been going all my life, so it is a tradition.  The kids had so much fun watching it and gathering all of the candy.  We started our second tradition a couple of years ago, to eat lunch at Wienerschnitzel.  Yum!
After the girls had their naps, we headed over to my parents house for a barbeque.  My parents, my brother's family and the Treat's were there.  We always have such a fun time with these people.  The kids played in the water and then we had a yummy bbq dinner.  Since the kids had woke up early for the parade and the fireworks are so late, we decided to take the girls home for bed.  Shawn and Suzie took Lucas with them to watch the show.  Thanks guys!  I can't wait until our fun day next year.  I am already thinking about outfits to make for the girls.  Mom, make sure your sewing machine stays warmed up and ready.  He he!

No comments: