Monday, January 7, 2013

Butterfield Canyon

Ron and I had never driven up Butterfield Canyon before.  So we decided to head that way, to look at some fall leaves.  After taking a minute to find it, we finally started the drive.  The leaves were so many colors and beautiful.
 We stopped a couple of different places to take some pictures.  This is my favorite of the kids.
I love that in this one Lucas and Emrie are doing a cute little pose.
 They smiled and did goofy faces for a bunch of pictures.
 I just love these kiddos!
I also really love this picture of Ron holding their hands while crossing the street.  When we got to the top, we decided to drive down the other side of the mountain into Tooele.  I don't think it is called Butterfield Canyon on that side, but I am not sure of the name.  On the way down, we saw a lot of cows on the side of the road, which we thought was kind of strange.  I am glad the kids didn't have on their best clothes, because we ended up all getting dirty from walking on dirt in the leaves.

It was a wonderful drive.  We ended the evening with eating dinner at Denny's in Tooele.  We searched and searched for somewhere fun to eat, but they don't have a huge restaurant selection.  After eating we drove home.  I was so happy to see such wonderful fall leaves.  It seems like we normally wait too long.  So I was glad that we caught them this fall.

No comments: