Saturday, August 6, 2011

1st Do it Yourself

I have been wanting to make a fun chair for us to use at our computer, since we moved. We had been using one of the chairs from our table. Each time we ate as a family, we would have to move it into the kitchen. What a pain. I had been looking at the DI and had done some yard sale drive bys. One morning I was heading out to get breakfast for us at Carl's Jr and I happened upon this beauty at a yard sale. OK... I know it's not beautiful now, but just wait.
I took the cushion off and started by priming the chair. Next I painted it this fun, bright lime green. I finished off by covering the seat.
And here it is. I actually love how it turned out! Some people don't have a love for the chair, but I sure do.
I am normally not a creative person. I am so excited for my first do-it-yourself. Yahoo!!

1 comment:

Randi said...

wow Shamie! that looks great!