Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Fun

I am not a fan of Valentine's Day. I think that you should tell your partner that you love them every day and not just one day a year. I don't like flowers. I think that they are a waste of money. I don't like huge, expensive boxes of chocolates. I also think that it is ridiculous that they jack up the prices of items around this holiday, because retailers know they can get away with it. Ron and I never celebrate. I know.... Bah Humbug!

With that being said.... I think it is a really fun holiday for kids. I used to love making Valentine cards and delivering them to friends. Decorating the shoe box at school was the best. Making heart shaped cookies and eating them is great.
Our Valentine's festivities started with doing a photo shoot. It was a mini session. Getting three kids to hold still and smile proved to be a challenge, but I think that we got some adorable ones. Thanks Butterfly Love Photography!
Lucas had a fun Valentine party at preschool. He came home with a bunch of Valentine's and this cute head band that he made.
Our Valentine party for playgroup was a blast. We decorated construction paper hearts, frosted yummy heart shaped cookies, had a scavenger hunt, played and ate a potluck lunch. We had yummy chicken gnocchi soup, homemade rolls, pb&j sandwiches, veggies and dip, fruits, goldfish crackers and apple juice. Fun, fun, fun!

We didn't have much of a celebration with the kids on actual Valentine's Day. All of the kids and Ron were sick. We ordered in Greek Souvlaki and just had a relaxing evening at home. I guess the kids will have to deliver their Valentine's another day. ;)

2 comments:

Court J said...

Oh my goodness. Their valentine's pictures are so cute. I guess it's easy when you have really really ridiculously good looking children!! :)

Ash H. said...

Ditto to Court and I think working at Hallmark for all those years makes you feel this way about Valentine's Day.