Sunday, September 23, 2012

1st Week of Kindergarten

Lucas started Kindergarten on September 4.  He was so excited to start his new adventure.
 
I had him hold a sign about the first day.  I am so excited to do this every year and see how it changes.
Ron came home on his lunch break to take Lucas to school.  Lucas was so happy that his Daddy was able to see him off on his first day.  Lucas was also very excited to use his new backpack.  After looking high and low for a dinosaur backpack, we were lucky to end up finding one at Kohl's.
We went to the school and took a picture by his school door.  After that he stood in line to go inside.  He looks so sad in this picture, but is actually excited, maybe just a bit nervous.  He was able to find his hook and hang his backpack.  He ventured into the room and found a square on the alphabet rug to sit.  When we went to his assessment, the teacher had given him a little assignment.  He had his assignment with him on the rug.  After that, I left.  I teared up while he was in line.  I was proud of myself for not crying more.
We went out to dinner for a 1st Day of School celebration.  Lucas chose Spaghetti Factory.  YUM!
 
Wednesday
 
Thursday
 After walking Lucas to school on Thursday, we walked to 7-Eleven to get drinks and Slurpees.  My mom has had fun walking to school with us several days.  She was so sweet to buy us our beverages.
Friday
Lucas had a wonderful first week of school.  He got more and more comfortable each day.  I am still sad that he is at school 5 days a week.  It has been such a change for us.  But I am very happy that he is at school with a great teacher, new friends and learning so much.

No comments: