Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Getting Familiar with School

 Over Labor Day weekend, we went to my parents house for dinner.  The kids loved the cupcakes.  Eva was walking and fell.  Somehow her face went right into the cupcake.  It was hilarious!  We also had a ton of fun launching the 2-liter bottle rocket.
On Labor Day, we decided to take a test run of walking to the school.  We wanted to see how long it would take us to get there.  Since Lucas was starting school the next day, we also wanted to get him a little more familiar with his playground and the door he would enter the school.  It took us 15 minutes to walk to school.  So that wasn't bad at all. 
While at the school, the kids had so much fun playing on the playground.  We were also lucky to hear the bell ring.  It isn't like a regular bell ringing.  It plays a little melody.  We explained to Lucas that is what he will hear when school is over each day.  I did have a little crying moment sitting and watching the kids play while I thought about my little buddy going to school.  I am so glad that he is going to get a good education, but it makes me sad for him to be gone 5 days a week.  I was glad that we had the day to prepare him for school the next day. 

No comments: