Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Fun Filled Weekend

Last weekend was so busy but, so much fun!First, on Saturday, we went to a neighborhood picnic. It was nice to see some neighbors that we haven't seen in quite a while and to meet some new ones. The food was yummy! There was face painting for the kids. Lucas chose a red snake. Scary! He also got to go "fishing". They were giving out real fish. After instruction from me, and lucky for us, Lucas just got swedish fish.

After the picnic, we went downtown to Mo's Neighborhood Grill to listen to my nephews, Damon and Kelby, and my brother, Shawn's, bands play. Since the show was all ages, we were able to take the kids. We hid out on some couches in a corner to try and block some of the sound. The bands, The Champion Theory and This Passing Moment, were great!

It is an annual tradition to go up Millcreek Canyon for Kelby's birthday. So on Sunday, we headed up the mountain. It was so wonderful up there! We went up to the Terraces, which is a different part of the canyon that I have never been to. I loved it up there. We had a lot of fun playing games and eating delicious food.
Happy 18th Birthday Kelby! As you can see, Lucas had a blast playing with the other kids and getting filthy! I about had a heart attack. I guess that I need to get used to having a boy that gets dirty.

No comments: